I am a hopeless romantic fuelled by coffee, cupcakes and joy. I am livin' my best life with my high school sweetheart and our three pretty amazing kids.
I hope you grab your favourite beverage and enjoy browsing the blog!! I'm thrilled you stopped by!
Education for Brides
WANT THE INSIDER INFO?
OF COURSE YOU DO!!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER FOR INSTANT ACCESS
June 6, 2017
If your reading this, you most likely are a bride, who, like all sweetlight brides, put a huge priority on photography. However it’s hard to know how to get the most out of your timeline if you are not a photographer. There is so much to consider when hammering out your timeline, it’s a dreaded wedding task, as it kind of determines the stress level of the wedding day. Most brides do not realize this when planning their wedding. But think back to a day when you are running behind schedule, how did you feel?? My guess… stressed!! Your wedding day shouldn’t be a day you feel stress, it’s a happy and joyous occasion. That’s why I came up with a “photographers timeline”.
OUR WEDDING DAY
1. Travel time to and from the ceremony, portrait and reception locations
2. Be nice to your photographer and give them a good 30-40 minutes for the bride and groom portraits and then another 20 mins for bridal party portraits! (more if you are going to more that one location)
3. Allow your photographer time to capture the reception details UNTOUCHED
4. Tell everyone that is involved in family portraits ahead of time and where to meet. Also, I insist on a detailed family shot list.
5. Go over your final timeline several times.
6. If you have a more than a couple of bridesmaids… have more than one or two hairstylists.
7. Don’t wait till the morning of the wedding to steam your dress! Ah!
8. Allow extra getting ready time… there will always be something that takes longer than expected!…. ie: fake eyelashes!
9. Save your photographer time by having ALL of your details in one place when they arrive!
I could go on and on on this topic. So I hope this post can be somewhat helpful to brides, wedding planners and even other photographers! Enjoy!